Utility Billing & Collections
The Utility Billing & Collections Division of the Finance Department is located on the first floor of City Hall.
Establish Utility Service
Customers that need to set up new Residential Utility Accounts for electricty, water and/or sewer should do the following:
- Complete the Residential Utility Service Application
- Come to the Utility Billing Office with the following documents:
- Lease agreement (if renting) or Closing Disclosure (if purchased).
- Two forms of Government-issued ID. One must be a valid photo ID. Accepted forms of ID include but are not limited to: Driver’s License, Social Security Card, Passport, Birth Certificate, Hunting/Fishing License, Driver’s Registration, Medicare/Medicaid Card, EBT Card, Concealed Carry Permit, and Voter’s Registration Card.
- Submit your application and pay the Residential Deposit (if renting)
- $250.00 for Electric
- $50.00 for Water Inside City Limits
- $100.00 for Water Outside City Limits
- $50.00 optional same day connection fee
For Business Utility Accounts please speak with a Customer Service Representative for the required deposit amount. All Business Utility Accounts will require Tax ID documentation.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 704-736-8980.
Please complete the appropriate Utility Service Application at the link below and bring it to the utility billing office to complete your service application.
The Collections Division is able to receive payments for:
- Cemetery sales
- Electric bills
- Fire inspections
- Garbage Fees
- Parking tickets
- Planning and zoning permits
- Temporary electric service collected by the City
- Water and sewer bills
- Water and sewer tap fees
Citizens can make payments in person at City Hall, by mail, online, by automatic draft from their bank accounts, or at an "after hours" drop box located at the drive thru window at City Hall for Utility Bills only.
The drive-up window located beside City Hall is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The drive-up window accepts cash, checks, and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard and Discover). A drop box is provided at the drive-up window and is available 24 hours a day.
As a convenience to our citizens, city property taxes are billed by and paid to the Lincoln County Tax Department.
Staff is available to answer questions relating to utility bills, meter readings, water/sewer taps and other customer services.