Utility Bill Payments
The Lincolnton Utility Billing department launched a new billing system July 2020 that enables customers to view accounts and usage, pay bills, submit service requests and manage multiple utility billing accounts. Soon customers will have access to more online services including meter monitoring, alerts and more.
ALL CUSTOMERS MUST CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT TO ACCESS THE NEW SYSTEM:
- Click THIS LINK for the new utility billing portal and then click the LOGIN/REGISTER button at the top right or the blue LOGIN button in the center of the page.
- Next, select the REGISTER button to create your new account
- Enter your email address, password, name, and phone number, then click submit.
- Check your email and click the link in the email to confirm your email address and activate your account. The link returns you to the login page for your online services website.
- LOGIN to your account using your email address and password.
- Go to the utility billing tab/page and select ADD TO MY SERVICES
- Click ADD AN ACCOUNT and use the NEW ACCOUNT NUMBER located on your current billing statement.
- You can now view your billing, usage and select options for paying your utility bill.
- All customers are encouraged to create an account in the new system to take advantage of new services and information related to your account.
- For reference, click to view or download the Online Payment Portal Instructions.
Online Utility Bill Payments (LINK to online payment portal)
Access the online payment system 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! The City of Lincolnton now accepts electronic, online payments of utility bills. If you don’t have an account yet, see the info on registering and creating an account to access all of the online payment and account management services.
In addition to online payment services, there are a number of other ways that City of Lincolnton Utility Customers can pay their bills including:
Pay by Phone
Call 866-288-6192 and follow the instructions to pay by credit or debit card. You must have your billing account number to use this service.
Automatic Bank Drafts
To make paying your utility bill more convenient, you can sign up for the City’s Automatic Bank Drafting Program. As the name implies, once you are accepted into this program, this happens automatically with no further action on your part.
We transmit your utility balance to your banking institution and they permit it to be drafted from the bank account you have previously specified. You will never have to worry about forgetting your utility bill again.
Please print and complete the Utility Billing Automatic Draft Payment Form (PDF) and deliver it along with your voided check to our office:
- In person to City Hall, First Floor located at 114 West Sycamore Street
- By drop box located in the drive thru lane at City Hall
- By mail to:
City of Lincolnton
P.O. Drawer 617
Lincolnton, NC 28093-0617
Payment through Financial Institutions
Payments can also be made online through your bank, provided they offer this service. When using this method, please note that your banking center must physically generate a check and mail to us on your behalf. We recommend you allow 7 - 10 business days for delivery by this method.
Payments may be made at the City of Lincolnton, City Hall building located at 114 West Sycamore Street. City Hall is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We accept cash, check or money order. Check and money orders should be made payable to City of Lincolnton. Debit and Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit cards are also accepted. Please feel free to use our drive thru window. We also have a drop box for after hours payments.
If you are mailing your payment, please remember to:
- Make checks or money orders payable to City of Lincolnton.
- Include your bill payment stub.
- If your payment stub is not available, please write your utility account number on the front of the check.
- Mail payment to:
City of Lincolnton
P.O. Drawer 617
Lincolnton, NC 28093-617
- Please allow 5 to 7 business days for payment delivery