Lentz Recreation Center Pool
The pool will open on June 1, 2020 for this year’s pool season!!
In order to open the pool this season, we have had to make quite a few changes in order to comply with COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions. Please review the information below to best prepare for your visit to the Lentz Recreation Center Pool.
LENTZ CENTER POOL INFORMATION
THIS IS A PUBLIC SPACE – Please follow social distancing guidelines and practice good hygiene!
- MAXIMUM CAPACITY IS 36 POOL PATRONS (includes pool, pool deck, concessions area, and locker rooms).
- In order to adhere to COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines, pool patrons will be required to sign a release waiver prior to pool admission. If you are under the age of 18, you must have a parent/legal guardian sign for you at the pool admissions desk (parent/guardian is not required to stay unless the patron is under 12 years old).
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions and concerns, the pool will close every 2 hours for cleaning (see POOL SCHEDULE). During that time, patrons will be required to exit the pool through the pool gate – please do NOT use the locker rooms/gym lobby to exit the pool unless there is an emergency.
- The admission price is for the 2-hour time block that the patron enters the pool. Once the 2-hour time block has ended, the pool will be closed for cleaning. If a patron wishes to re-enter the pool for the upcoming time block, they must wait in line and pay for re-admission to the pool inside of the gym lobby.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to exit the pool/pool area during the 2-hour block you paid admissions for and would like to re-enter the pool/pool area, you will be REQUIRED to wait in line and re-pay for admissions for that time block – NO EXCEPTIONS. We highly recommend ensuring that you have everything you need from your cars BEFORE paying for your pool admissions.
- BATHING SUIT IS REQUIRED – No street clothes (jeans, gym shorts, ladies intimates, etc.) and no dirty articles of clothing.
- Pool toys and floats are NOT allowed – this includes balls, water guns, dolls, pool noodles, any other pool floats. Arm floats, small/fitted ring floats, and floats for babies are only allowed if approved by a lifeguard (if you have been given approval, you must remove the float from the water upon exit from the pool).
COST OF ADMISSION (per person, per 2-hour time block)
- 3 & Under | FREE
- Ages 4 – 17 | $2.00
- Ages 18 & Over
City Limits Residents | $2.00 (must have current Membership ID card)
Non-City Limits Residents | $3.00
Unfortunately, due to our modified schedule, we are not offering season pool passes for the 2020 pool season.
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING/POOL AREA IF YOU HAVE A FEVER, ARE EXHIBITING SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19, OR HAVE BEEN IN RECENT CONTACT WITH ANYONE WHO HAS/HAD COVID-19.
The pool will be available for private pool parties/reservations starting Friday, June 5, 2020!
PLEASE NOTE: Any pool reservations must follow the COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines. As the situation surrounding COVID-19 continues to develop, these guidelines and restrictions may change. Please call the Parks & Recreation Department office (704-735-2671) for more information regarding pool rentals/reservations.
If you would like to reserve the pool for a private party please CLICK HERE.
You will be redirected to Rec1 (our new reservation/registration system) and will be required to create a new Rec1 account if you have not done so already. For more information on how to create your Rec1 account, please CLICK HERE.
Click here to view a printable copy of the pool rental agreement, policies & procedures, and application. Please be aware that these policies & procedures may be altered to meet COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions.