City of Lincolnton | Parks & Recreation
2020 Online Gaming/Esports
This league is designed to offer different types of competition through online video games. The games offered through this program promote strategic playing, problem solving, and teamwork for different ages. This program offers games that can be played individually or as a team, and aims to appeal to different audiences.
Season 1: Fortnite
Under 18 years old (U18)
18 years old and up (18+)
January 11th - February 19th
Cost Per Participant:
- Specific game settings Fortnite (Most kills)
- Two players are linked together on the schedule each week.
- The linked players start a DUO match, forming a duo together. They must first be together in the lobby to start the match.
- The players will play TWO matches.
- The player with the most kills combined between the TWO matches wins that week.
- With an equal number of kills, a new match will be started. The person who makes the first kill wins the match and continues to the next round.
- It is forbidden to disadvantage your opponent (your opponent who you are linked with in your match) on purpose. Examples: Shoot his buildings down, knock him with an impulse grenade etc.
- It is not allowed to play with a keyboard and mouse in XB1/PS4 tournaments.
- Season schedule will include 1 opponent per week. Standings will be kept based off wins, losses, and total number of kills each matchup.
- A tournament will be held at the end of the season with rankings determined by the stats above.
Additional Information for Online Gaming League:
For sport games, the season will consist of a 6 week regular season schedule and a 2 week playoff period, that will consist of 1 game per week on Tuesday Nights. Once players are signed up, they will be given a schedule with gamertags of each player (more information will be given once players are signed up). It will be required that both participants report the final score of each game to Program Coordinator to verify the result of the game. Should any issues occur, participants must notify Program Coordinator. More information regarding league play and tournament play will be provided once players have signed up.
Cost will cover a 6 week long schedule that will include 1 game a week, either on Mondays or Thursdays. Once players are signed up, they will be given a schedule with gamertags of each player (more information will be given once players are signed up). Depending on the game, game modes will vary and will be explained in information sent out after registration period is over.
Code of Conduct
Code of conduct must be signed by each participant. Participants should report any sort of action that is not allowed according to the Code of Conduct. Participants who have been reported will be given a warning. Should the same participant be reported again, punishment could include removal of that participant from the league, with no refund.
Gaming Program Coordinator | Austin May | email@example.com | 704.735.2671 (ext. 3002)
Gaming Program Coordinator | Jared Barkley | firstname.lastname@example.org | 704.735.2671 (ext. 3001)