Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Bid Title: East Pine Street Sidewalk Improvements
Category: Public Works
Description: City of Lincolnton Public Works Department seeks a Licensed General Contractor to provide services for Sidewalk Improvements on East Pine Street in Lincolnton, NC.
GENERAL SCOPE OF ANTICIPATED SERVICES
These services include but are not limited to the Scope of Work described below:
1) Sidewalk Improvements:
a) Provide any necessary erosion control measures for site grading including temporary and permanent measures along with the maintenance and/or removal until the time of competition and acceptance by the City of Lincolnton.
b) Provide site clearing and grading per attached plans and specifications along with Owner and Landscape Architect approval.
c) Provide all tree and site debris removal to an NC DEMLR approved land fill.
d) Demolition of existing asphalt paving, driveways, sidewalks, concrete steps, curb and gutter, fencing , trees and plant material within the existing road right-of-way and the proposed construction area as label on the plans and specifications in coordination with the City of Lincolnton and City of Lincolnton Public Works Department.
e) Installation of the Proposed Storm Water Drainage Curb Inlets in the existing storm drainage system and the associated pipe addition or replacement as needed per the attached plans and specifications.
f) Installation of Proposed Monolithic Concrete Curb Sidewalk with associated handicapped curb cut ramps, driveway/sidewalk curb cuts per the attached plans and specifications.
g) Installation and Re-Installation of asphalt paving, curb and gutter, individual parcel sidewalk sections and/or steps and existing driveway sections within existing road right-of-way as labeled and shown on the attached plans and specifications.
h) Relocation of Street Signage in coordination with Lincolnton Public Works Department per plans and specifications.
i) Providing all labor, equipment and materials per the attached plans and specifications for a turn-key site improvement project for the Betty Ross Park.
j) All work to be done in compliance with all government agencies including but not limited to: City of Lincolnton Planning Department, Lincoln County Building Inspection, NC DEMLR Land Quality, NC DEQ Water Quality and US Army Corps of Engineering and the Federal American with Disabilities Act guidelines.
1. Selected person or company shall be responsible for the protection from activities of all public and private property on and adjacent to the work area and shall use suitable precautions to prevent damage to sidewalks, buildings, cars, or any other objects.
2. If any equipment is used, selected person or company shall operate the equipment in a safe manner and at such times so as not to create a hazard to the public.
3. Certificates of Insurance are required and shall include: workmen’s compensation, general liability, automobile liability, and the City of Lincolnton shall be named as an Additional Insured.
1. The City of Lincolnton is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider and encourages participation by small, minority, and female owned firms.
2. The City of Lincolnton reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to accept the Bids which appear to be in the City’s best interest.
3. The selected person or company shall indemnify and save harmless the City of Lincolnton and its officers, agents, and employees from all suits, actions or claims of any character brought for any injury or damages received or sustained by any person, persons, or property by reason of any act of the selected bidder, its agents or employees, in the performance of this job.
Bid must be received at the address listed below by the closing date listed below. Please drop-off or mail to the attention of the Lincolnton Public Works– East Pine Street Sidewalk Improvements
Pre-Bid Meeting Date /Time:
01/16/20 3:00 pm
Lincolnton City Hall
01/23/20 12:00 pm
01/23/20 3:00 pm
City of Lincolnton
Lincolnton Public Works – East Pine Street Sidewalk Improvements
PO Box 617
114 W. Sycamore St Lincolnton, NC 28093
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM Mon-Fri
David Ledford – Project Manager *
Richard Haynes – Lincolnton Public Works
* Anyone wishing to view site plans for this project, please call contact person(s) listed above to schedule an appointment.
Richard Haynes – Lincolnton Public Worksrhaynes@lincolntonnc.org (704) 736-8940