The administrative office serves as the front line providing contact for citizens on Public Services including Solid Waste, Recycling, Street & Property Maintenance. The office manages any issues related to service delivery and is the repository for records concerning the activities of the departments.
The Public Services Department:
- Reports to and advises the city manager and council on Public Services Department projects and activities
- Researches and recommends operational changes to increase effectiveness and enhance customer services
- Prepares and reviews department budgets, monitors and recommends expenditures, and participates in the preparation of the Capital Improvement Plan
- Works with Regulatory Agencies regarding safety and other disciplines
- Plans and organizes a variety of contracted work, and coordinates with engineers & contractors
- Conducts long-range planning for infrastructure and services